Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Every year at work we hold a costume contest. I take this very seriously. Last year I won best over all I believe. This year I was determined to bring home the gold for a second year. I made my costume out of paperboard and fluff and it actually came together. I was a cupcake.

I was very disappointed in our staff this year. The only people that showed up for the contest was me and Shanna and the employee that was working the desk....hmmmm, lame. There were about 6 housekeepers that came and participated. I blame the lack of interest in 2 things. #1 Halloween was held on a Saturday. #2 Jill was out of town. Jill is like our mascot. If she is into things then everyone else will be. I don't want to solely blame Jill, but at this time I feel as if I want to be bitter towards her. She's in California. After taking the ballets I won Most Unique. I got a cute pumpkin with candy and a Target Gift Card. So Cute!

After the contest me and Shanna worked the desk for the night. We decided to give all the other employees a break and let them enjoy their holiday off......you know......for employee moral. My costume was kind of a pain. I couldn't bend in it, nor could I sit down. So after complaining for about 6 hours on my feet I took it off and put a robe on...and voila, lame bedtime costume came into play.

It wasn't the best Halloween I have had, but if I had to be stuck at work I'm glad Shanna was the one to get stuck with me. Hope everyone else had a fun Halloween.

Here's some really corny work pictures. We love to make them as corny as possible.


Shanna was a smurfette. It was really cute!

Here's Ashlee, I think she was a 80's chick. Not 100% sure though.

Housekeepers and Shanna

Me and housekeepers. I don't think anyone knew we were taking a picture...besides me.

This is Ana. I love her. She won too!

I was so proud.

I made these for everyone. They are suppose to look like eyes.




We started to get grumpy

sugar buzz wearing off

Flying Smurf

HAHAHAH best pic of the night!

Smurf ready to go home

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it! Pretty much the best cupcake costume I've ever seen! I love the pink wig. Oh- I love the cupcakes too.

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats so fun you have a costume contest every year at work. Your costume was way cute by the way. My class had a Halloween party on Friday and were giving our prizes to the best costumes, SHad told me I was a party pooper for not going. Guess I just dont get that into Halloween but its fun to see everyone else in costumes.

Shanna said...

LOL! I absolutely L O V E your dancing pic...it was by far the best picture of the night. And btw...I'm glad I was stuck at work with you too, I actually had a pretty good time. Well, aside from the tantrum you almost had about the party turnout.

Amy and David said...

I LOVE YOUR CUPCAKE COSTUME111 That is so stinkin cute!