Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not worthy of a post “title”

So I feel as if I am pretty optimistic in life. I usually censor my posts so that people think that I am keeping things together in an orderly fashion. This is not one of those posts. I am beaten down today. Have you ever had one of those days at work where one thing after another tumbles down and you just want to lay on the ground and literally kick and scream and pout like a 2 year old? I hate, HATE when people say "well at least you have a job". No! That is a cop out, I have a job because I am a really, really, REALLY hard worker (at times haha) and you cannot say that to me when I am having a bad day. Let me have my moment, let me be upset.

None of this is going to make sense, that's not the point of this. The point is for me to rant and rave and then go to bed in a peaceful manner knowing that I have said what I have wanted too.

Today really wasn't any different than any other day I guess. It just seems like I am losing control of everything. I am not going to explain anything because #1 you won't care #2 it's nobody's business and #3 this post would go on way too long.

With this being said I came home and made a fantastic meal. I can always tell when the day has gone by incredibly bad because I hunker into the kitchen. I made chicken meat balls and homemade sauce with some noodles. That's a fancy way of saying...I made spaghetti for dinner. I then called anth. He won't be home for a couple of hours. So I got upset. I then put the fancy spaghetti aside and these are the events that enfolded. Oh and before I continue, let me just add that I didn't do the dishes. I have no remorse/regret regarding this either.

I opened the fridge and popped me open a dr. pepper. These are reserved for Anthony and Anthony alone, mostly because a Dr. Pepper usually isn't a diet item. I then grabbed a cup and on my way to grab ice I grabbed a brownie. O no she didn't!!! Yes I DID! And it was just as good as the brownie I had for breakfast this morning!!! I AM OUT OF CONTROL! Just like I said. I carried these two items to the couch and turned on (here comes the third offense) 18 kids and counting. Sigh...as if I needed one more thing to be pissy about. I hate this family, but I love to hate them. I hate that there are couples out there that can't have children. But here these shmucks are poppin one out every 10 months!

My sugar is way too high. I can feel the palpitations as I type. I just want tomorrow to go swell. I want to walk into work and feel like I am appreciated. Is that too much to ask? I want a raise! A big one! I want a bouquet of flowers with a card that says "Lindsey is an asset". I want a cake that says "#1 employee. Do you think I'm going too far? You get the point though right?

Sigh......Ok. I am feeling better. I am now going to take a couple of minutes to practice some breathing techniques. Then I will chew up some nasty chalky tums and call it a night. Thanks for letting me rant. I will be back to my chipper mood tomorrow. If not, look forward to another post.

Love, Linds


 


 

5 comments:

Shanna said...

I am really sorry you had a bad day...but the silver lining is that "tomorrow is a new day!". If I had a cake mix...and frosting...and probably I would need eggs I would totally make you a cake that said this...

Lindsey is AMAZING!

Hope that the thought that I would do this if I could makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Someday I hope we can both be bright and shiny ALL the time!

Shelayna said...

Awww Linds! You're the best! I'm so glad that other people have days like mine!!!

Whenever you think about your job..

think about how nice it feels when you see your bank account rising... (even though it will fall shortly after)

And when you think about babies and kids.. dont think about their cute little outfits (that secretly you wish were in your size)

Think about how awful they are when they scream and kick and how they announce to the whole world how much you weigh because they are learning numbers and read the scale!

I love ya!! If ya need a person to complain to.. Im here to listen!!

Brittney and Nikolaus said...

Girl, you rock! How many ladies out there make dinner for their husbands, let alone a fantastic made from scratch "man" favorite? Please! Not many! If you want to indulge in a brownie, or two, I think you have earned it. Odds are you killed the calories with your awesome fit of rage.

I personally love having fits of rage every-so-often, they are good reminders of the fact that I have the right to get angry whether I am justified in my emotional upheveal or not =)

Today will be a better day and odds are plenty of people will show you how much you matter.

Smile.

The DeGiulio's said...

Your post sounds some what similiar to mine just about different things. It feels good to vent and let things out especially on the blog because you can just keep typing and going at it till you start feeling better. Im sorry your day at work was rough I hope today was better.

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I'm so sorry you had a rough day. I feel like that a lot, and I don't even work anymore. I too, would make you a cake, and I'd help you eat it... cuz I'm not one for passing up a good unhealthy snack. Hope tomorrow goes better for you!