Sunday, November 8, 2009

New.....Recipe & Card

I have not made a card in months. I get in these cycles where I can only focus on one thing whole heartedly. It started with scrapbooking which moved to cardmaking, then knitting, then sewing, then cooking. Its all so exhausting to think of all the time, money and effort I have put into each hobby. I have so much scrapbooking supplies sitting upstairs unused. I decided I would wade through all of it and make a card for Anthony's mom for her birthday.

It only took me about 10 minutes. On the inside it says "We hope your birthday was a Hoot". Get it.....there;s an owl on the card...ahem....After I finished it I realized how much I have missed making cards for people. I am hoping that I can get back into the groove of things and start back up. Here's to ambition.

Oh and also here's some cookies I made. I got the recipe from this website. They are divine.

Oh and here's a picture of me eating one. They are so good! Promise. I look tired, but inside I'm screaming with joy!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Dear Lindsey,
Very cute card.
You make me laugh with your funny little side notes.
I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
I will try the recipe.
Love,
Rachel

Khinna said...

I would recommend "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. In fact, anything by Cormac McCarthy, but read "The Road". I don't read much contemporary literature, but once in a while after I get drowned in classics. I'll mix up my reading. Some others I can think of on the top of my head, "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson, "The Adventures of Calavier & Clay" Michael Chabon, and if you like funny humor type of stuff David Sedaris...

The DeGiulio's said...

I wish I had as many fun and cute hobbies as you do. Im not that creative though. The owl card is adorable and I love those kind of cookies they are my fav!

Khinna said...

I understand the entire hobbyist thing as well. I have so many unfinished crafts lying around the house. I enjoy the creative things you post. I'm still working on trying to post recipes and crafts like Rachel and you do. Thanks for inspiring me!

Shanna said...

Shoot! I don't know how I missed this one. I LOVE that card, it is adorable. I also really enjoyed those cookies, thank you again for sharing them with me.
Love, Shanna