Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year me and Anthony were with my parents in Tremonton for Thanksgiving. We headed down on Wednesday night after I finished up at work. By time we got to Tremonton we were all pretty exhausted. I was upstairs talking with my parents about nothing in particular and decided to head downstairs and see what Anthony was doing. He was slumped over in the lazy boy sound asleep. Thanksgiving morning came and we helped get everything prepared. Each "kid" was assigned a specific item to bring to dinner. Josh & Varinia brought vegetables, Kristi brought a really yummy pretzel, cream cheese cranberry dish (it was so good!) and I made a salad. It had pomegranates, mozzarella, red onion, walnuts, apples and spinach in it. It was ok.

Mom and dad made a whole smorgasbord of food. They both are really great cooks. After dinner we watched a couple of movies and then went up to the nursing home to visit my grandpa. It was nice to be with family. I love them all and am glad that the weather was good so that we all got there safely. We didn't take any good pictures. But here some horrid ones.

Anthony-looking pretty hungry

How many people does it take to carve a turkey?


YAY finally time to eat!
For the first time in many many years I decided to stay home from Black Friday Shopping. It was a decision that I did not make quickly or easily. I told myself that I would be done with my Christmas shopping by December 1st. I doubt I will be completely done, but I am close. Therefore I decided that I didn't need to go because I would just end up getting things that I didn't need. I did get my Christmas cards ordered today though and I can't wait to get those out of the way. I am hoping that I can get all the stressful stuff out of the way so that I can really truly enjoy the holiday season this year.

On a completely different note, me and Anthony decided to get out of the house today and we went out to dinner. After dinner we discussed that Goooder (turtle) was low on food. So being the great parents we are, we went to petsmart to pick up some food. In the past we have bought him some fish for company. We decided that since he has been so good lately we would get him some more. We got 7 lil guppy fish (only $0.13 each). I carefully carried them in the car and made sure they were safe. As soon as I got home I poured them into his tank. "Look how cute and happy they are", I said to myself. All of a sudden Goooder started freaking out! He started eating them! He chased them around and around. I was screaming and tapping on the tank. It is an hour since I put those innocent fish in the tank, they are now all in his tummy....I have guilt.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I can't believe it's over. This year is going by way too fast!

7 comments:

Shanna said...

That post was much better than you made it out to be...I can't believe you're a guppy murderer! LOL

I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. Oh and to answer your question...it takes 3. One to carve, and 2 to "taste test".

Shanna said...

BTW...I am sad. I am watching Season 4 of Grey's and Horseface Hauhn has made her appearance. Ick...I dislike her immensely. I have techno playing below me STILL, and my throat is so sore that it hurts to swallow. I am the most pathetic individual ever.

On a more hilarious note...at least to me...I am staying in The Tipi, on Thanksgiving weekend, while reading One Thousand White Women. Can you say irony?

Shanna said...

Ummm, I'm sorry but that looked more like a huge chunk of turkey hanging from your hand...not so much onion. Nice try though, I'm totally onto you.

Shanna said...

LOL! I am truely native this weekend...so so sad. It's pretty comfy, I've rearranged all the furniture so I can see the TV and work on my computer at the same time. It's a pretty good time...I bet you're secretly jealous.

Shanna said...

That is a really great plan...you should sign on to messenger...if you have the time...to listen to me whine...

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Awww... what a cute family you have! I once bought some Guppies too... and I made them have babies... they were so cute... and once they got bigger... I put them in the tank with the rest of the fish, and they ALL got eaten right away. If I believed in reincarnation I would definitely not want to be a fish.

The DeGiulio's said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thankgiving in Tremonton with your family. Thats what I love about the holidays spend time with the fam. I wasnt going to go shopping on black friday either but I saw gliders were 50% off at babies r us, then I went to old navy. I figued if I kept shopping I'd just keep buying so I went home, plus I wasnt feeling too great because I didnt eat anything before I left. And wow thats a surprise with your turtle eating the fish.