Friday, November 6, 2009

What I have been reading...






Its amazing what a book can do to oneself. I can be in the most fowl mood. I will stomp up the stairs like a spoiled child, open a book and within a half hour I have almost forgotten what I am so upset about. I have hardly turned the computer or T.V on within the last little while due to all the good books I have found lately.

In the last couple of weeks these are the books I have read and would recommend

The Invisible Wall: A Love Story That Broke Barriers By Harry Bernstein
In The Woods By Tana French
Blindness By Jose Saramago (very twisted!)

Next on the list (starting it tonight) is "Have A Little Faith: A True Story By Mitch Albom''.

Any recommendations for what I should read after that? I know there's some avid readers out there..... I'm hoping to read a couple more before the hustle and bustle of the holidays take over.

5 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats nice you have something you can do to get your mind off things when your upset. I need to find something like that. I wish I was more of a reader but Im just not. Guess there's just other things I'd rather be doing with my time off.

Khinna said...

I was reading Mitch Albom's "Have A Little Faith" before I left Utah. No spoilers, okay? I probably won't get to it until the end of this month. Still busy with the new move...

I read "Blindness" a few years ago, and I didn't enjoy it for some reason. I remember being disturbed after reading it. Maybe, I'm not into thinking of the post-apocalyptic world. Could you imagine if you were the only one who could see? Have you seen the movie version of this movie? Do you know if it's worth seeing?

Khinna said...

Side Note: Are you on Goodreads.com? You should join if you arent.

Shanna said...

I have a question...what is happening in your Mitch Albom book???

Brittney and Nikolaus said...

Hunger for Memory by Richard Rodriguez is very good, I also enjoyed the most recent Dan Brown book if you are into fast, yet intriguing reads. Did I tell you my husband is letting me turn one of the rooms in our new home into a library? You will have to come and visit so we can hole ourselves up and do nothing but read all day =)