Monday, October 26, 2009

Complaints about dinner

There is nothing more frustrating to me than having dinner not turn out exactly the way I have meticulously planned it in my head. It doesn't happen a ton because I know what I am capable of doing. If it is too difficult then I put it aside for another time. I expect perfection when it comes to a meal. I had specific plans for dinner tonight. It consisted of a simple meal, all I wanted was breakfast for dinner. On the menu was:

*Pumpkin Apple Muffins
*Orange Slices
*Juice
*Sausage
*Hollowed out baked potatoes filled with scrambled eggs & bacon

These are all simple things to make. I got the muffins made earlier in the day knowing that they would be the messiest and most time consuming. They turned out beautifully. I couldn't be more happy with the result

The juice was just a frozen concentrate. I cut up slices of oranges and put a slice on the rim of each of our glasses.

Sausage, again, not to hard to cook right? Yeah for some reason I didn't cook them all the way. "Hmmm.....its okay, take a breath. It happens to everyone."

I put the potatoes in oven for about an hour. After an hour they still weren't done. "Its okay, Anthony won't be home for another 20 minutes. Just put them back in, its fine."

20 minutes later....

Still not done. I start getting agitated. Anthony is home sitting patiently on the couch while I am in the kitchen banging dishes around and mumbling angry words under my breath.

20 minutes later.....

Threw hard potatoes in the garbage, dished up the scrambled eggs on a dish and yelled..."Dinner is freakin done, it sucks but come and eat."

Its sad when all you want to do is impress someone. I just wanted to blow him away with the beautifully decorated table. The sausage was red in the middle, the eggs were cold and when he asked if the muffins were hot I about punched him. Oh well, I'm over it. I know in my heart I had the best intentions. I took some lame pictures.......go ahead and look at the patheticness of it all.


There was clearly too much bacon. It was suppose to be sprinkled on top of the eggs in the potato. The food looked sad on that big plate....booo




5 comments:

Alicia said...

It sucks when dinner doesn't work out the way you planned.

Shanna said...

So sad for you...I'd still eat it yo! Speaking of dinners that don't turn out...

I was driving home...thinking to myself, "what sounds good for dinner?". I knew we had chicken and mozzarella cheese so I thought to myself again, "I know! I'll make the stuffed chicken. I just need stuffing and the tomatos." I stopped at Albertsons and got the 2 freaking items, and came home in a rush to get it done before 8. What happens!?! I look at the can of tomatos and they are stewed...NOT diced. Basically big soggy tomatos. I scratched my stuffed chicken plan and we had chiken, stuffing, and green beans. It was okay, but not what I had wanted. Boo on that!

Love, Shanna

Shanna said...

#1. Thank you

#2. Thank you again, and I was really impressed with myself as well.

#3. That would have been a wonderful idea...assuming I had basil and oregano of course. I really did think about cutting them up, but was pretty sure I'd end up with a big mashed up mess of tomatos. Next time tho!

Shanna said...

btw...thank you for my pumpkin. I love it!

The DeGiulio's said...

Sorry your dinner didnt turn out. That is so frustrating and disappointing. It looks really yummy though! Its making me hungry.