Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cutting the Cord

I just finished watching Grey's Anatomy. I normally watch it on Thursday nights but it has been a long and crazy week so I just barely got around to it. I AM DONE! I am not going to watch it anymore. I have been strong and stayed a fan through other horrible event such as:

*Burke Leaving-this rocked my world, especially since it made Christina so happy
*Addison Leaving-Hello! Addison was McDreamys wife! She was a vital character to the show, how dare you take her away and make a sub par spin off with her!!!
*Calli Becoming A Lesbian-I have nothing against lesbians, but she was so great with men, especially McSteamy
*Izzie cutting the LVAD Wire- This bugged me, but having to watch her sleep on the floor (after she killed the love of her life) for 3 to 4 episode was even harder.
*Izzie getting Cancer-As if she hasn't been through enough emotion BS she now had to get cancer. She almost died (of course, it wouldn't be a drama if she hadn't). Alex became a better man because of her, so the cancer was necessary.
*George Dying- I knew that this was coming (eventually). Access Hollywood had confirmed it, but I just wasn't ready to part with him. He was my favorite character.

All of these things were hard to deal with. But tonight was the last straw.

Izzie was fired! Fired!!! She is off the show. We will never ever get to see her kill anyone again! She will never make loads and loads of cupcakes and be too emotional involved with her patience. (she was my least favorite character, but she was needed!!!!!)

When George left the show there were rumors of Izzie leaving too. But when she lived through the cancer I thought for sure she was here for good. But now she is gone! She left Alex which means he will be all mopey for a couple of episodes and I just can't do it anymore. It has turned into ER. They brought a whole new crew of doctors and I am leaving while I can keep my McDreamy and Merideth Memories pushed in the back of my head.

Goodbye Greys Anatomy! I have just deleted you off of my dvr....its over!

I apologize to all of you who have no idea what I am talking about. I really REALLY needed to vent out my feelings though. (Shanna, I hope you can get through this by any means you need to. I am telling you right now that I am going to need a muffin tomorrow.)

4 comments:

Shanna said...

LOL, I could not agree more! I am so ticked at this turn of events, and I'm even more confused with Private Practice...the episode with Bailey left her almost kissing Sam, and now I'm wondering if he will cross-over to Grey's and become the next "Cardio-God"...what the heck! I can't handle all these changes. I miss George, I never liked Izzy, but I'll miss her all the same. The cast sucks and McSteamy wasn't even in the last episode! Boo.

Oh, and I too will need a muffin tomorrow.

StephanieJanice said...

I have watched through all of the crazy seasons of Grey's too. However, I will probably keep watching. I tried to avoid it this season and got sucked in again. I haven't been affected by many of the changes you mentioned, because I haven't had a favorite character. I go through phases of hating each based on the story lines, etc.

I was glad Burke left just upset that they brought Erica in to replace him. Ecstatic when Erica left. Addison was a great Character on Greys. I like Private Practice, but I don't like how her character has developed on PP. The Calli thing is just weird. The McSteamy stuff was fun, but I do like McSteamy and Lexie together. I won't touch the Izzie Stuff (there is just too much to even approach her storylines).

I commend you for giving it up. I try to watch several different shows, so I should really take your lead and try to give something up. I feel like I am always trying to play catch up on the shows I watch.

However, I am going to provide you with a little information you may or may not know. The current writing of the show has been influenced by the lives of it's actors. Izzie is not gone for good. Kathryn Heigl (the actress that plays Izzie) adopted a baby girl. She took some time off to spend with her new baby. Ellen Pompeo(Meredith) was pregnant, and they are hiding it by the hospital bed that they have her in. She will also be taking some time off.

Good luck! If you have the time to get back into another show it shouldn't be too hard to avoid Greys. Thursday night Television is loaded with many other options. Bones, Office, CSI, etc.

StephanieJanice said...

Wow! I realize that was a really long reply. Sorry!

StephanieJanice said...

I heard Izzie is coming back. I don't know how, or if she will end up back working at the hospital, but I heard she was just taking time off.