Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My favorite treat!

This is what I have done today. I have been making this treat for about 3 years. Its so simple and every time I make it, it never ceases to bring a smile to my face. Its not just yummy, but beautiful to look at.


THIS IS ALL YOU NEED. STRAWBERRIES, SUGAR, ALMOND EXTRACT, AND CREAM CHEESE. (The regular recipe calls for vanilla instead of almond extract, but I like the taste of almond extract better).



Combine a whole package of cream cheese with 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar (I use splenda), then I pour in some almond extract. I honestly don't measure anything. Just poor a lil in, stir it up and if it needs more, then by golly add more.

I only used half a package today. Do NOT use low fat cream cheese (lesson learned by my sister Kristi, it taste weird and the texture is all wrong!)



Next wash strawberries and cut the bottom of the strawberry off. This allows it to stand on its on.


Then cut the top off.


Next take the innards out, I use a melon scoop for this part.




Now place the cream in a baggie, cut the tip and use it as a icing bag. Squirt the cream in the strawberry.





They can be finished if you like it, but I like to spice them up a lil bit.

Add a couple slivers of almonds on top



Then I get my special lil grater and sprinkle some chocolate on top

And SHA BAM!!!!

My favorite treat ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


6 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Those look SO yummy. Im going to have to make them sometime.

Alicia said...

Those look so yummy. You should make them next time you host book club. :)

Alicia said...

Oh a work snack would be good, but either way sometime soon you should make them. The pretzel things and the smoothies were yummy though. Book club was a blast. I'm so glad I joined.

Khinna said...

Looks delicious...I'm going to have to give this one a go.

Alicia said...

We so need to recruit one more person for book club. I don't have a clue as too who. All my friends and relatives live far away. I think Laura is interested. Maybe we should try and get her to join.

Shanna said...

Oh yum! We need to make these again! I love the almost slices in it.