Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ikea






Is there any other place closer to heaven? ME and Shanna decided we deserved a trip. Its only about 20 minute from my house, so its really hard to resist from going on my days off. We had a whole list of things she was going for. I on the other hand didn't really need anything in particular. Half way through that massive building I found a beautiful bookcase that was in the same line as my coffee and side table. AND did I mention it was on sale? Cha CHING! Once we got to the check out line I started freaking out. Here's what i had in the cart....
*Votive Glass jars
*Votive Candles
*Lamp
*Lightbulbs
*Book case
*Napkins
*Napkin holder
*Pillow Cases
Did I need any of it? Probably not, but I had a fantastic time. I had called Anthony half way through to decipher if his mood would allow this purchase or not. He advised me that our anniversary was coming up (next Thursday). My gift would either be this Ikea trip or something from him. I'm pretty sure he said that in hopes that I would empty my cart and leave empty handed. Boy was he wrong, I hung up the phone, grabbed one or two more things in the cart and headed out. Happy Anniversary to me!

We loaded everything up. It BARELY fit in Shanna's car. After getting everything to fit so we could close the trunk, I got in the car. We had to push the seat all the way to the front .We then had to tilt the seat uncomfortably towards the dashboard. This resulted with crushed knees, and my face in the dashboard. After getting over the first rush of claustrophobia, it was hilarious. Shanna took a pics of it, I will have to get it from her. All in all it was a great day.

4 comments:

StephanieJanice said...

IKEA is a dangerous place. I am glad that I don't live as close as you do. I love the pillows and the votive jars. Happy Anniversary to you!

Alicia said...

so you did end up going to IKEA. haha. You got some really cute things.

The DeGiulio's said...

I've only been to Ikea once and it was like a maze trying to get out. I want to go back sometime. I have the exact same black/white flower candle holders. My sis in law gave them to me for Christmas. Your place is decorated way cute

Shanna said...

I love your house, it is beautiful! I've got Ivy's bed sitting on the floor just waiting to be put together. I can't wait until Saturday!