Saturday, April 18, 2009

Marathon




Today was such a great day! For the last month or so me, Shanna, and Summer have been getting ready for the marathon. Okay so we only had to prepare for the 5k, but it still was really exciting. Last night me and Shanna stayed at the Anniversary Inn since it is so close to the starting line. Summer was smart and stayed home because she knew she wouldn't get much sleep with us. Me and Shanna didn't fall asleep until 1am. We were definitely feeling quite a bit of regret when the alarm went off at 6am this morning. As we approached the starting line with hundreds of other people we heard over the speakers "30 more seconds!!!". We had got there right at the perfect time!

The race was great. I had shin splits almost the entire way until about 20 minutes before the end lol. I really need to work on stretching and warming up before hand. The race ended at the Gateway and it was so exciting to see all the supporters and hearing everyone cheer! I wish that it would have been a little bit longer. We decided that we would do another one in September. Then we will work extra hard to try to accomplish the half marathon next year, which is 14 miles. Its a good goal. I never knew how much I would enjoy being in a marathon. It was so inspiring to see everyone trying so hard. I cannot say enough about it, I enjoyed every second of it. I took some pics with my phone. Enjoy!

The STARTING LINE!!! We were so excited to start!



Summer and Shanna. Such a fantastic action shot. lol!


THE FINISH LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at all the people! It was packed!


Feelin good! Walking back to the car



At the finish line


More corny pics. Remember....we got up really early






We were acting like we were crossing the finish line, lol....I know...I'm kind of embarrassed too.

9 comments:

Shanna said...

We are rockstarts! I love the last picture...it feels so real!

The DeGiulio's said...

Yay, congrats! We were at the marathon too, Shads mom ran the full marathon. It was such a beautiful day. Thats fun you stayed at the Anniversary Inn even though you didnt get much sleep.

The DeGiulio's said...

I wish I would have signed up for the 5K, I just feel like a blob. I need to get my buns in gear and start working out. HOpefully once schools out I will have more time. Ya she is awesome, she has ran like 54 marathons. Her goal was to run 50 marathons by the time she turned 50, which was in February.

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats cool, I will have to look into it. If you have the info on it will you give it to me? Ya she is in such great shape. It was sad I was so tired and my legs were sore just from walking from my in laws apartment to the gateway. Sheesh I shouldnt complain think of all the people who ran in the race. Are you going to Ryan's farewell today?

Alicia said...

Looks like fun. Good Job at running the 5K.

Shelayna said...

Im so Jealous! That looks like so much fun! Congrats on finishing!! I love that you got up early to run a marathon.... and you still put on your makeup! Do I hear overachiever?? haha Love ya!

Khinna said...

Congratulations! I bet your were filled with so much invigoration, and inspiration completing the marathon. As I mentioned, one of the things I need to cross of my list of life goals.

The DeGiulio's said...

your blog hasnt updated, Im excited to read about your anniversary. Anyways, we signed up for the Ogden Marathon 5k because Shads mom is running the marathon and then we might sign up for the desertnews marathon 10k on the 24th of july, we arent sure if shad will have to work or not so thats why I havent signed up. Thanks for sending me the link I will have to look into it. We just started running yesterday to kind of start training even though its not that many miles.

Shanna said...

Go back to the 6th picture from the bottom...see it? I absolutely love the confident strut you are exuding here. It's so very much, "that's right, I did it". lol