Thursday, April 16, 2009

COME ALONG WITH ME....

I had a really busy day today. I finally got to sleep in which felt fantastic. After searching deeply into my heart for some motivation I finally got up and got ready for the day. I got my oil changed (thanks Mike!), picked up Anth's pill, picked up the marathon packet from the salt palace downtown, and finally came back home and decided to take a walk.

As soon as I stepped outside, I almost regretted my decision. It is FREEZING!!! But I was so proud of myself for actually even thinking about it. I knew I had to continue on. Here's some pictures to prove that I actually went. Come along with me on my walk.....

This is the trail. It is probably about half a mile from my house. It runs right along the freeway. Its scary during the night (even with a friend). So I never stay out past 7:00. Don't forget, I live on the wessssssst side.



This is what I got to wade through. Poop, Poop, and more Poop!!!



This is what makes the poop. These are the mean mean geese. Last week when I went, there was a mean one that almost attacked me. I ran like I have never ran before!


This is me.... It was about 40 outside. Do I look cold?


This is right by my house, these are the nice ducks. This mommy made some very cute babies. And whats even better is that I know in my heart she would never hurt me.....Stupid geese!


These are my tired feet. For some reason I felt it was important that this dumb pic be taken. I pray that they will walk me past the finish line on Saturday at the marathon.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Good for you for going on that walk. I haven't set foot outside yet. I loved the pictures. Good Luck at the marathon on Saturday.

The DeGiulio's said...

Yay for walks, even on cold days. I was just thinking a few minutes ago I wish I would have taken my dogs on a walk to get some fresh air. Plus Im a little grochey right now, you gotta love that time of the month. I love the picture of the mommy duck and babies so cute!

Shanna said...

Wow, what a fun walk for you...you had a lot of mommy duck moments today. Maybe it was the family that was saved on the freeway. We are gonna rock the marathon!

Shanna said...

btw...I heart your new page. It is adorable!

Khinna said...

Good luck on the marathon on Saturday. You are checking off one thing I like to do one day.

Stacy and Cam said...

I am impressed you went walking in the freezing cold. I need to be more like you and get off the couch and exercise more. Good luck at the marathon on saturday. You will do great!