Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update

So I am 3 days into this diet. It seems kind of silly to be doing an update already but I feel as if I have made so much progress already. Sunday night I put together a menu for the whole week. Then I calculated all the calories I would be consuming each day. It was amazing to me to see how every little thing adds up so quickly. Who knew that sunflower seeds were so caloric? I have to shout to the world of a couple of accomplishments I have made in the last 3 days.....

#1 Yesterday I went with Shanna to pick up treats for our monthly front desk meeting. We went to Cummings to get a couple dozen chocolate covered strawberries. You can now purchase them at the inn so we wanted the employees to try them out. While at Cummings they asked us which free sample we wanted.......I didn't get one!!! Was it on my menu for the day? No! So therefore I skipped it! YAY Linds

#2 Did I eat 1, 2 or 3 chocolate covered strawberries during the meeting? NO!!!! GO LINDS!!!

#3 Did I scarf down the Cafe Rio Nachos that Jill freely offered....NO! (that one was hard tho!)

#4 When the big time boss came from Logan today for a visit and offered more Strawberries, did I gobble them up? NO! HURRAY FOR LINDS!!!

This diet ("life style change") is my Everest. It feels like I am at the summit. I just need to keep climbing (haha this sounds so corny!!!) I am going to make it I can just tell! I am ready!

I would like to share two simple lil recipes that I have tried. I recommend.

Black Beans and Avocado!
1 Avocado-Cut in half and pit (dur!)
1 can black beans (I only used half)
some fresh garlic
chopped up red and green peppers
Cilantro
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Lightly stir the last 6 items. Place them in the avocado and enjoy! MMM
Only 250 cal !!!
I just made this ahead for my lunch tomorrow. I plan on an apple and string cheese with it.

Wheat Fake Pizza

1 wheat tortilla
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup pizza sauce (I used a little less)
5 slices of Canadian bacon

Broil in oven until cheese is melted
fold over in half
Only 320 Cal

I ate this for dinner with fresh corn on the cob and a cup of soy milk.....some may say that eating a 200 cal frozen dinner would have been better, but would have filled me up? No! I am full, and satisfied....AND I don't need dessert.

Things are going good! If you have any pieces of advice or yummy recipes under 400 cal, please pass them along! I am going to go a whole month without any treats. So please don't send desserts. I will get bitter and angry...haha jk

Love linds

8 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Your doing awesome! Keep it up. I would be so tempted to eat the chocolate covered strawberries and cafe rio, I have no self control. You should be proud of youself for saying no, its hard to do sometimes.

Alicia said...

Way to go on keeping with your diet. I'm so proud of you for not eating any of those delicious strawberries, unlike the rest of us who had 3ish each of those times.

Shelayna said...

I think you should post more of your recipe's (spelling??) Where are you getting them anyways?! They sound good! I made a deal with myself that I would only eat treats when i go to my moms. So once a week! It hasnt been bad!!

StephanieJanice said...

Way to go. I've been sick, so I haven't been eating as well as I should. I just don't have the energy to keep it up. I find it really empowering to be able to turn down treats when I am watching what I eat. I bet you probably felt some of that with the Strawberries at work. Keep it up!!!

Jill said...

having those strawberries around is a HORRIBLE thing.

Shanna said...

I am so proud of you! You are the strongest person I know...Cummings is going to be a constant battle for me! Repeat with me..."no free sample today".

Stacy and Cam said...

You are awesome!! I don't think I would be able to pass up the strawberries. You have way more self control than I do!!

Jill said...

Im a little confused. makeshift bed...as in park city? awww. cute. not creepy. my life isnt that cool, wtf are you tawkin bout? i want a better life!