Sunday, June 7, 2009

St. George & Zions

I just got back from a relaxing trip in St. George with my family. My weekend was filled with lots of trips to the swimming pool, games, hikes, food, and laughing at all the silly things that Jaden (nephew) did. The first night we got in late so we basically just ate dinner and then went to bed. 2nd day we went up snow canyon, had a picnic and took a little nature walk.

3rd day me, Anth, Josh and Dad went to Zions and hiked a couple of miles up the narrows. The narrows is a river.....the water came up to my waste sometimes, it was freezing!!! I don't have any pics of that just yet. My dad took all those pictures. I will hopefully get them from him within the next day or two. The hike was exhausting. It was a constant fear that I would fall over in the river and be completely drenched, it was windy and only in the 70's so we had goosebumps most of the time. We went up about 2 miles and then noticed that the sky was getting pretty dark. We were warned about flash floods so we decided to head back. It was a good idea because about 20 minutes after we got out of the water it started to rain. I only ended up with 2 blisters and a sore back (: We got back to the condo and I immediately jumped into the hot tub.

Today we got up, packed and headed home. It was a really fun time! Thanks Mom and Dad for the great vacation! Love you tons and tons!

Here's a few pics. They aren't as good as the Zions pics tho (again, they will be posted soon).












5 comments:

Shanna said...

I can't wait to see your hiking pics...I really hope you got a good one of your water boots:)

Shanna said...

I'm not going to lie...I'm pretty disappointed...I guess I'll have to go on living. Next time you can take a pic, how about that?

Shanna said...

Well, I just assumed with all of your recent travels that you were now a professional hiker. I basically look up to you for that.

Shanna said...

Hmmm, maybe we'll just stick to the trail huh?

Shanna said...

Pick a day dude! Maybe we could go Tuesday after our count in Ogden?