Monday, June 29, 2009

New Favorite Treat

I recently bought "The Biggest Loser Cookbook". It has proven to be a great buy. Tonight I made two delicious recipes from the book. For dinner we started off with a healthy spinach salad, with only almonds and frozen peas. Then the entree....

(Top Photo from Cookbook)

(there isn't a pic of the sauce, we ate it too quickly to get a pic lol)

*These pics look horrible, but I wanted the world to know that I really did make it (:*
YUM! It was so good. I made chicken meatballs and homemade tomato sauce. The chicken took the longest time I had to cut up all the chicken by hand. I then mixed it with egg whites, basil, Italian breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and onions. I couldn't tell you how much of each item I used, I kind of just threw it all in. Then I toasted the bread with some fake butter spray and sprinkle some more basil and mozzarella on it. After the bread was all toasted, I smothered the chicken and bread with my home made sauce. The sauce was really yummy and it was really easy. Basically it was just tomato chunks(Italian style), tomato paste, basil, garlic, onions. It turned out amazing! I even pulled out the candles and cloth napkins for dinner tonight. Then came dessert.


Super easy and so divine!!! (pic from cookbook)

First, scrape out all the innards of a fresh lemon. Freeze it for 3 hours or more. Then right before you eat, blend fresh blackberries, vanilla yogurt, a tiny sprinkle of splenda and a sm dash of lemon juice. Then shovel into lemon and enjoy. I put a couple of beautiful berries on top of ours as a garnish. Then I was so excited to eat it and forgot to take a pic of it. The color is beautiful against the yellow. I am going to make this for a 4th of July party we are attending! I can't wait to make it again, its so yummy!





If you want the "real" recipes for either of these scrumptious items let me know. The lemon dessert was only about 200 calories, the chicken sandwich was about 400. Not bad for a whole meal, plus dessert.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Those both look really good. I would love to get the recipes from you.

Khinna said...

I swear you change your background design everytime I check your page. Thats super. Yes, it's been a long time since I've hung out with you two. It's crazy just how fast time cruises by. I'll be in Utah sometime in September. The dates are kind of a play-by-ear right now. My husband will graduate from the school here at the end of August. He'll do addtional training in Texas, while he's out doing that, the kids and I will spend some time in Utah with the families.

Jill said...

hahaha it sucks that the cookbook pictures always look perfect. and it never turns out that way but it looks really good...im hungry. my favorite picture is the lemony thing with your eyes...funny funny bunny hunny

Shanna said...

See, that cookbook is coming in handy. We should have a recipe swap. I have yet to make anything from mine, but I'm sure that once I do it'll be fabulous! Oh, and btw Summer made those enchiladas the night after I did for Casey...cute huh?