Sunday, June 7, 2009

May or May Not Happen

So I forgot to add something to that last post, I felt like it was a totally different subject though. While in St. George I noticed how much weight I had put on. Of course I knew it, the pants are tighter, the face is bloated, the swimming suit is still unappealing. It just got to me I guess. After complaining all weekend my Mom made me a deal. I have until Dec 31 to lose 50 pounds. If by Dec 31 I have made huge progress then she will send me and Anthony to Disneyland for 4 days. I was kind of apprehensive at first. That is a ton of weight. But what do I have to lose? Just the idea of being able to find clothes that fit will be a reward. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow to get lots of healthy foods. I'm going to commit to no more red meat (after my birthday party this weekend) and due to my stomach issues I am going to stop milk and switch to soy milk. This is going to be a hard endeavor. I have dieted a lot, and I know how hard it is going to do. But I really want a trip LOL...especially since it would be just me and Anthony. And I really want to be happy again. Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

You go girl, you can totally do it!!! That is awesome your mom will send you guys to Disney Land for 4 days. Thats a pretty sweet reward right there, along with being able to find clothes & feeling great about yourself. You should try turkey hamburger. It really doesnt taste too bad and its a lot healthier than normal hamburger. Good luck!

Im sorry out of no where I made our blog private. I posted a few months ago about making it private and I was really debtaing because I figure I wont get as many comments which I love but its more important to know that only the people I know are reading it.

The DeGiulio's said...

You can totally do it, you just gotta keep telling yourself that. And Im sure at times it will get hard by you should come up with a back up plan or something to keep you on the track. Like take healthy snacks so your not tempted to eat junk food, or give yourself a pep talk.

Thats smart to make a list for every day of the week. I usually try to do that with meals or else we eat whatever I can put together. Ya I hope everyone will still check it out now that its private but I kinda doubt it, oh well. Did I already ask you if your going to the reunion in July?

The DeGiulio's said...

Ya we are going to go. Im pretty exicted since we have only been one other time when we were first married. Now I somewhat know more people from the blogging world. Plus we dont have any summer trips planned so Im just happy to be going anywhere. You guys should totally come, it will be fun :)

Khinna said...

That is awesome your mom is rewarding you! Trust me soy milk ain't that bad. I've been vegetarian for two years, and never looked back. Okay, that's a lie. The smell of homemade hamburgers still make me foam at the mouth a bit. It's a good thing I don't live too close to home anymore. I believe that you can do it. I'm trying to lose the extra baby fat as well. GOOD LUCK LINDS!

Shanna said...

You can totally do this, and there isn't any better motivation than a trip to Disney Land!

How were the chicken fajitas? I'm not going to lie...I was really happy to eat instead of walk.