Monday, June 22, 2009

Marriage

I just finished watching The Big Announcement episode of The Jon and Kate plus Eight Show. I am beside myself with so many different emotions. I literally fell apart and cried while listening to Jon and Kate discuss their future. It is so upsetting to me to watch this precious family fall apart. Everyone is getting a divorce. I watch family members and friends as they deal with the same issues time and time again. I have thought in my head numerous times in the past year or two, "If Jon and Kate can make it, ANYONE can!" Now what?

Marriage is hard, gosh is it hard! I have learned so many different strategies during the last couple of years. Its a battle between give and take. Also, working at your marriage is something that you can't ever put on the shelf.....not for a minute. I feel like I have lost a tiny bit of faith in marriage after watching what Jon and Kate has gone through. This is ridiculous I know....I don't personally know these people, I will probably never meet or even see them. But I feel for them, I sympathize and wish that things would have turned out differently.

I love Anthony, and I'm glad that we continue to strive to be better for each other, that we have been married in the Temple so that we can be together forever. I realize how emotional I may sound, and how bizarre this post may be, but for some reason, it hit close to home for me. I hope that everyone is doing well, and that their homes are a place of happiness and peace.
-Linds

7 comments:

Shanna said...

I would have to say that I agree completely! I am really disappointed that they didn't try harder to save the 10 years they have created with one another.

Unknown said...

You know, I watched that episode and although it is super sad I know exactly what when wrong by the fact that Jon kept saying "I've got to do what's best for the kids and also for myself" Marriage is mostly about the OTHER person, not what's best for #1.

Shelayna said...

I think its sad that a marriage will end. Especially with all of those little kids. This is one reason you should never have a hit reality show about your marriage..it never works... And now they have to show the whole world.

Khinna said...

I always wonder about the children. Their lives have been exploited enough, and now the media is having a hay-day. I know if my relationship was on display for the world to see. People would view me differently. I wonder had they not done the show. How differently would their lives be? But than again, no one can change his/her own past. Only move forward, I wish the tabloids and media would back off though.

The DeGiulio's said...

I havent been following the story with Jon and Kate so Im not really sure what happened. First I heard Jon cheated, then I heard Kate did. But I do know they are getting a divorce and I think its really sad. I've watched the show a couple of times and we talked about it in one of my classes and even though I dont know much about them I can kinda see how it hurt their relationship. I always kinda thought kate was bossy towards Jon and that she treated him like one of the kids. And it would be overwhelming. Overall I think they could still fix things and work on their marriage even if its hard having so many kids. But your right it makes you grateful for your marriage, whether its the good or bads.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

First off, I'm not a Jon&Kate fan at all and I wish they'd just evaporate so I never had to hear/read/see another thing about them.

Secondly, it sounds to me like you have a foundation that J&K never did. Plus, you're committed to putting your spouse first. J&K failed there as well. It's easy to lose faith and become cynical about the "staying power" of marriage, but isn't that Satan's plan? To make us (general us) think that marriage isn't worth it? To make it seem so much easier to give up than to stay committed and reap the benefits of home and family?

P.S. sorry about the deleted comment there. I had a typo and I'm slightly ocd about things like that.