Sunday, February 15, 2009

soap and cards

So for Valentine's Day I decided I would make a lil gift for all the girls at work. Since most of us at work are trying to watch our weight.....okay well just me and Shanna. I decided to make things easier for us, so I made some yummy smelling soap. Basically all you need to do is buy a big brick of glycerin soap, melt it down, add food coloring and scents and voila! I used cucumber melon and pear berry. I don't have a great picture of the ones that I made, so I just stole the picture from Martha's page. Martha's obvioulsy turned out much better than mine. I used X's and O's and lots of different size heart cookie cutters. It was so fun, I highly sugguest it to anyone with a spare hour or two. Heres the link. Martha's Soap.



I put 4 or 5 pieces of soap in lil bags with red and white confetti then tied it up with pretty ribbon. Also with each bag I made a card for each employee. I made 11 in one cramming session. It took at least 4ish hours. Its hard to make that many all at once, especially when they are all different. Heres some of them. I only took a couple of pic.



I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!

9 comments:

Amy and David said...

Lindsey, You are so darn creative :) I love the soap idea.

Shanna said...

I couldn't agree more...I feel we need to stop paying their rent. haha. Thanks for going to the Inn for me, I really REALLY appreciate it!

Shanna said...

It really was a cute gift, you're just great! THANKS!!!

Shanna said...

Oh and btw....my card is the cutest!

Alicia said...

You took a picture of my card. I feel special that it was chosen to be on your blog. Thanks for the soaps. They are cute.

Rachel said...

Wow, those girls were lucky! Those cards are beautiful!

Shanna said...

Love the new page, def worth 5 bucks! So...I tried the Silk fruit smoothy and it was really good! I have a plan to make the next round even better, so when you're done barfing we're going to have to get together and try it. Hope you're feeling better!

Shanna said...

Well, I used the plain Silk because it had less sugar but I think the Vanilla flavored would be better. I did raspberries & mangos, and blended it all with ice. Overall, it was really good. I really think the Vanilla Silk would have been better because it would have added sugar, and therefore a little more flavor. I think pineapple and coconut would be good too.

Shanna said...

I know! Maybe next time we have plans you can stay healthy. j/k