Monday, May 11, 2009

reality check

Picture this, it is 10:00 at night. I am of course sitting on the computer numbing my brain with facebook and blogger when all of a sudden I hear someone turn the door knob. Then when that certain someone couldn't get the door opened, due to it being locked, the doorbell began to ring. I froze, Anthony jumped up. He looked through the peep hole and it was two men. They were pounding on the door. I begin to wonder what they could want....it's late, we don't know you! I turn the tv off and whisper (mostly begging) Anthony to not open the door. After about a minute we decide that they might be hurt or that they might have hit the car so we open the door. They were mumbling something about us letting them in....."Tell Corinna we are here"........After Anthony explained that they had the wrong door they stood there for a second and then walked off.

I was terrified. I have never ever felt safe in this neighborhood. It frightens me to think that we could have answered the door and it could have ended differently. I know they were drunk. I know I am acting really really dramatic but when Anthony is concerned then I feel like I can be. We finally settled back in and I heard him say "That worries me". I feel the same way. I am thankful that we are safe and that we have each other. I also am thankful that we don't have any lil ones on the west side. I am always super paranoid about EVERYTHING. It is due to many episodes of dateline and 48 hours mysteries, Grandma got me hooked years ago.

Anyways, I feel like I am overreacting and I feel as if I am 12 again. I'm sure once I fall asleep, it won't be such a big deal in the morning.

7 comments:

Shelayna said...

haha I probably would have moved out the very next morning.. I get scared walking home in the dark!! I'm so glad your safe!! That is so scary!!!

The DeGiulio's said...

That sounds really scary, Im sorry! At least Anthony was home with you and nothing bad happened.

Thanks, the hair cut was about 6 months ago though lol. Im in need of one. Im excited for the 5k a little nervous, I havent been running at all this week b/c of my procedure the nurse said not to. But Im thinking I should be ok.

Jill said...

Ew yeah that sounds creepy. When I lived downtown, I got a knock and I looked thru my hole and it was some creep with a video camera. I was sooooo scared I called the cops. And of course I was home alone and stupid Peter would not answer his phone, story of my previous life with him. Haha.

And about Maxs pictures, his hair looks bad. And Patty cakes is hideous! And, they are engaged, didnt you LOVE their ring picture. They make me wanna vomit! I feel like all he wanted in life was love love love and to get married asap and I couldnt give that to him as fast as he needed so he got it. SICK.

Alicia said...

Ooo... that has happened to me several times since we've been living here. The last time it happen a few weeks ago and it was the same guy twice. The first time he came by about 9:00 then he came back about 1:00 after we had gone to bed. It's scarey.

I'm glad you were safe and that Anthony was home.

Summer said...

That is crazy! I'm glad you guys are ok!

StephanieJanice said...

You do need to be cautious, especially living on the west side. However creepy and scary things happen in all neighborhoods, and not just the ones that are known to have those problems.
When I lived at home with my parents we had a group of individuals enter our home. They wore Halloween masks that covered their entire face. They took a seat on our couch and just stared at us. Nothing happened. They soon stood up and left. I found out later that evening that it was the neighbors soon and his friends playing pranks.
I have been cautious ever since. I always make sure to lock the door after myself when I come home.

StephanieJanice said...

It was scary and surreal at the same time. You know most of the individuals who played the prank (Gary, Annie, & some of their friends).