Monday, May 25, 2009

My Trip!

I am alive.
I hiked about 10 miles.
I was almost bitten by a rattle snake.
I peed in an ammo box (named groover) with a toilet seat over it.
Did I shower butt naked behind a rock like the others?
Heck NO! But I did shower behind that rock in clothes lol.
I wore a bright orange handkerchief around my neck in hopes of not getting a sunburn.
I came home with a terrible sun burn on my arms, neck and face.
I traded in my green flip flops for some hideous hiking boots.
I didn't wear makeup for 4 days.
I learned a lot about the desert, climate, animals, and myself.
Am I exhausted? YES!
Do I have many stories to tell from this trip? Of course!
Here's a tiny portion of the pics we came home with.

P.S If you click on the picture of my flip flops you can see how hairy my feet were lol. Clearly I didn't get that portioned waxed. I just wanted the world to know that I do realize how nasty it looks. I get it! It truely shows how adventurous I was out there. Thanks and love ya all!























6 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Your a trooper! Sounds like it was some trip, Im glad you lived through it.

Alicia said...

I'm glad you made it alive. I love that you took a shower.

Well, you better get some rest before work tomorrow.

Shanna said...

Groover...LOL...What an adventurous person you truley are. I would NOT have gone, I look up to you for that. The pics are awesome, I love your wicked walking stick.

Jenni said...

I have to say I LOVE the hiking boots:) Way to go on the adventure. Hopefully it wasn't too hot!

Khinna said...

The scenery looked amazing! Yeah, the walking stick is an added bonus as well.

Amy and David said...

Linds, I love your waxing story :) i cant believe how red your legs were. I thought they were suposed to look all sexy and shiny. I guess I won't be going in for a wax.