Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ouch!

Today I experienced pain. I will explain the horror of leg waxing.

I got to the salon and a nice lady asked me back to the room. She gave me a form and told me to fill it out and when I was finished she advised me to get on the table and put a towel on my legs....seems easy enough....or so I thought. After she left the room, everything seemed clear to me. This nice lady wanted me to drop my pants. If you know me....if you have even said hello to me, you know how insecure I am with things like this. I instantly shot up and peeked my head out the door. This is the conversation that enfolded...

Linds: Ummmmm Question!!!
Pain Giver: Yes?
Linds: Uh, can I just roll my pants up?
Pain Giver: Well, no we usually don't allow that because we don't want to risk getting wax on your pants.
Linds: ooooo no, its okay, I can just roll them up!!
Pain Giver: Yeah, sorry, we usually don't.
Linds: I DON'T EVEN LIKE THESE PANTS!

After finally convincing her that I wasn't going to drop my pants for her, I got on the bed. What happened the next 30 minutes was brutal. I want everyone to know though that I never once flinched, screamed, kicked or even teared up. I almost wish I would have handled it that way instead of what I really did. I talked, and talked and talked. I told this stranger about so many things. I told her about the whore that visits the inn frequently, I told her marriage things, how much I get paid, my fears of the upcoming Moab trip, and many many many things. I did not shut my mouth for 30 straight minutes. I think if I would have shut up for a second I wouldn't have been able to stand the pain lol. It is all so hilarious to me now. After she finished she got me set up for another appointment in 4 weeks. haha I don't know if I going to follow through with that or not. My legs were tingling for hours and red and sore. Here's a picture of what it looked like. I was going to post the before picture, but they really were nasty! So hairy, I just don't think I could let go of my pride!


OUCH! look how red they were! I took this fantastic picture while Shanna was being tortured.


Waiting to go in....we came from work...hence the work clothes (:



Anyways, I am still not sure if I recommend it or not. Give me a day or two for the shock to wear off. I am 100% sure of one thing though.....no way in heck would I ever do a brazilian!

6 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

cute outfit you always have such cute clothes!!! Sounds really ouchie!!! Im the biggest baby the only thing I have ever had waxed are my eye brows and I think Im going to keep it that way. You story reminded me of the book I just read Shopaholic goes to Manhatten and her boyfriend Luke mom takes her to the salon and pays for her to get a WHOLE body wax, she finally talked the girl into just doing her legs and eye brows lol. Have you seen the movie?

StephanieJanice said...

You make me laugh. I haven't ever waxed anything, so I don't understand the pain. I may give in one day(or not). Your aversion to getting undressed reminds me of Emily. My mom treated us to facials as part of Emily's birthday gift, and she had issues with taking her shirt off for the facial.

Shanna said...

LOL, I'm actually thinking about doing it again...they aren't 100% smooth, but not shaving is so nice! I think I'll try it once more, see how it goes and make a decision from there.

Shelayna said...

Lol the 2nd time is a ton better I promise!!!! I used to be a torturer!!!!! Hahahah I know it seems scary and terrible but the more you go the easier it gets!!!

Shelayna said...

Oh.. Also.. If you think that was bad... Dont EVER get your arm pits waxed!!! That is way worse!!!

Stacy and Cam said...

I have only ever waxed my eye brows and I think that hurts. I can't imagine how bad it hurts to get your whole leg waxed. I am sure it will be nice to not have to shave!!