Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday KRISTI!!!


HAPPY BIRFDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRFDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRFDAY DEAR KRISTI! HAPPY BIRFDAY TO YOU!



Today is my big sis's BirFday! Last night we went over to her house and made home made pizza and had cake and ice cream. Of course I forgot my camera. I figured someone else would have brought theirs....nope, josh, and my mom and dad both forgot theirs, and Kristi's wasn't charged.....bummer! Its the inlaws turn to have us over for Mother's Day so I gave my mom her present last night too. She got a really cute pair of pj's and a pink fluffy robe. My sister got a cute pair of capris and flip flops from me. Her real present hasn't came in the mail yet, hopefully soon. I made Kristi a cute cake. It was a disaster from the very beginning. I planned on making a big huge bundt cake. I was going to have one layer of red velvet cake, then a layer of brownies, then another layer of cake. It was a really good idea in my head. After it was done cooking I pulled it out and let it cool. I then turned it over and half the cake was still in the pan......it was a very depressing moment. here is how it looks.... (the following pics are from my phone....sorry)

Notice the top has a small amount of red velvet. I was very grumpy. So I made an executive decision. I took a huge knife and cut off the small amount of red velvet and then cut the huge brownie part. I think I made the right decision. It looked much better and I knew we wouldn't be able to eat it all anyways. After decorating, this is how it turned out.


Heres a pic of Kristi blowing out the candles. Jaden wanted to help too.


It was a really fun night! She is a really great sister. She is hilarious and although she's not very good at the Wii (at least she wasn't last night) she has a lot of great attributes. Here's a few things.....

#1 She has curly hair just like me. But unlike me, she knows how to tame it, everyone always gives her compliments about it. It makes me jealous. They just touch mine and say "you have natural curly hair huh?".....in a sad pathetic voice.

#2 She has a very sweet heart. She has a special spot in her heart for animals. If it was allowed she would have tons and tons of pets, but for now she just has fish. She called me the other day and said that Sam (her fish) had died after 3 years. She was devastated! I was so impressed that a fish could live that long! When we have fish their life span is about 3 months.

#3 She has an amazing photogenic brain!!! We will be watching a movie and I will see someone and I will say "what movie is that dude in?". She will have an answer within a minute. It sometimes is so annoying because I am terrible at that. Whenever its just me and Anthony he will always tell me to call Kristi....cuz she ALWAYS knows!

#4 She is hilarious! Whenever we are together we just laugh and laugh. We basically have the same brain.....besides the actors part. We can look at each other and know exactly what we are thinking. When we were little we would sit down for Sunday dinner and just laugh and laugh. We then would get in trouble and our parents would make us go to our rooms to calm down. We never really learned reverence.

#5 She is creative. She probably will say that she isn't, but she really is. She is really good at interior decorating. She doesn't do a lot of crafting, because she says that she can't. But she can! She is a wicked modge podger!

LOVE YOU TONS KRISTI! HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!

3 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

The birthday cake you made for your sis turned out so cute! I dont think I would have even known what to do with it. You are so creative.

Shanna said...

The cake turned out adorable! You should becomea professional baker and then you could make fabulous treats all day long...then share them with me. Hope you post pics of the cupcakes you spent all day on as I am sure they are beautiful! Oh, and btw...did you find cupcake mix for them?

Emily said...

Happy birthday, Kristi... Lindsey, you and Kristi remind me of Steph and I. Escpecially #4!