Friday, January 23, 2009

I VOW..................

So lately I have been trying to better myself. Me and Shanna go to the gym 3 times a week. Which has worked out really well. So far I'm pretty impressed with us. Some days there is nothing I would rather do less than driving to the gym after working a 8ish hour day. Also I just have to mention that sometimes it takes us longer to park than actual working out! Its a nightmare downtown I tell ya!!!

But we have been really strong. I decided after doing this for 2 weeks that I should get on the scale and see how things were looking......dun dun dun....I gained 4 pounds (that is not a typing error, as sad as it may sound) . Lets just say I wasn't impressed, at all. I decided that exercise alone just isn't going to cut it, clearly. So here it goes....a challenge!!! There are 3 things that I would like to do that I think will kick start the weight loss.

I VOW.........
#1 Drink 3 bottles of water a day!
Explanation-I hardly drink any water, I figure the more water I drink the less room I will have in my tummy for junk food. It makes sense to me.
#2 Eat one fruit and vegetable a day.
Explanation-Really? you need this explained? Its just healthy yo!
#3 Make healthier decisions
Explanation-Wheat instead of White, water instead of soda, etc., etc, etc

Every week I'm hoping to be able to blog about how victorious I have been.....how embarrassing will that be if after just a week I have to say that I was a fat kid and then that I only drank 2 bottles during the whole week......oh how shameful! Wish me luck!!! I need it!

****Oh p.s I want everyone to know that when i say 3 bottle I don't mean actual 3 bottles...I will reuse.....Go Green Or Go Home.....or something!****

9 comments:

Shanna said...

I feel that my favorite part of this was the "8ish" hours of work before the gym. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck on your journey and I really expect us to stick together....we will fail otherwise.

Shanna said...

LOL! This is probably the hardest thing I will do in my life! I'm freaking out a little. No more chocolate covered strawberries...not like that'd be a problem for you...but no more trips to Cummings period. That's tough. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

It's normal to gain a few pounds before actually losing it (I'm told). The body is building muscle (because it's more dense than fat). But, I am no expert in this area. My only health regiment is to drink more water. I don't even remember what my normal body looked like before the two babies.

Well, I really hope you the best of luck. Kudos on reusing a bottle, instead of filling our landfills with more plastic!

Shanna said...

This fo reelz!

Jill said...

Just for your info: there is a parking lot across the street from the gym.... that takes up a whole block. And if you park there and get a sticker from the front desk they will validate up to 2 hours...so you dont have to keep looking around for a spot. Except you have to cross the street.

The DeGiulio's said...

good luck! sounds like you have a good plan. Luckily our gym is right by our house so its walking distance, its just hard to find time to go sometimes but it feels great afterwards. And it is true muscle weighs more than fat, so I was surprised when I weighed a little more after going to the gym consistently, but all my fat was turning into muscle.

Shanna said...

See...I told you the whole muslce weighs more than fat thing was real. You're already ahead of the game...building up some major muscles!

I really wish I had a clever sign off...(insert here something clever)

Alicia said...

I was going to tell you that muscle weighs more then fat, but it looks like everyone else beat me to it. So I'm going to have to come up with something else to say here. Ummmm...... It is a good idea to have a gym buddy so kudos to you and shanna for motivating each other. It's hard to keep going to the gym without someone to go with. Well, have a wonderful night. See you Monday for your 8ish shift. ;-)

Shanna said...

It is officially Sunday so I felt the need to let you know that I have gone 2 days without a sugar fix. There was that close call earlier today, well technically yesterday, but thankfully I had a friend availalbe to help me through it;)