Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Count down begins.........

So Anthony starts school tomorrow. I will never have to have this thought again. He graduates in the Spring and I cannot believe how far he has come. I am going to list the impending negativeness (is that a word?) of what the next 8 months will be like.

1) Bedtime at 10:00 sharp. Once the school year starts it means that staying up late and watching trash on t.v is OVER. Here is the reason I complain of this. Anthony can get in bed and within 2 minutes (this is no exaggeration!) he is asleep. I, on the other hand, stare at the wall for hours. I know that the simple solution would be to stay up while he sleeps, but I hate that. I think it is important to go to bed together. I had another solution that I used when we were first married but after Anthony noticed that we were purchasing Nyquil way too often we had to end that abruptly. Hi, my name is Lindsey and I have been sober for 3 and a 1/2 years.

2) The models...the models, models models. No, I am not talking about underwear models (this wouldn't have made the list if that were the case). I am talking about cardboard models. Anthony is so amazing! You should come over and see all of the detail and hard work he puts into his projects. But my gosh, we have NO MORE ROOM! During the school months there will be an increase of cardboard, wood, glass, odd random tools, etc, etc. I love you Anthony, but we have got to take back control of that back room.

3)Feeling as if we are roommates. This one is the hardest for me. It seems as if we come and go as we please. I wake up alone, and go to bed alone. It is extremely lonely at times. And at least once or twice every month I have an emotional meltdown. Boo Hoo for Lindsey right?

4) Saturdays are out of the question. If he isn't working on homework he is at work. He works to:
A: Pay the Bills
B: Put food on the table
C: Pay for Lindsey's numerous starbucks relapses
D: All of the above

Best of luck to Anthony (and me) in this last 8 months. We are going to make it, I just know it. ooooooo gotta go, I have 45 minutes before my 10:00 bedtime, better start winding down.

P.s If you answered (D) you are the winner!
I went from one addiction to another. I'm not proud but at least Starbucks taste better than Nyquil.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I feel your pain, though a 10:00 bedtime is actually good for me since I work at 6:00 in the morning.

The DeGiulio's said...

SOunds like your getting back into the swing of things with school starting. Tell him good luck!

Shelayna said...

Ha ha I have the exact same addictions.. Nyquil and Starbucks. Good Luck Linds!! 8 months will fly by and then next year you'll wish he was back in school! haha! Love ya!

Shanna said...

LOL, I love that your addictions are complete opposites!!! Ones a downer and the other full of sugar. I really do appreciate him paying for those purchases tho...I hate spending alone:)

Shanna said...

LOL I had totally forgotten until I started writing this post. It was hilarious! That babysitter one...do you remember...the prank caller? It ends with them getting out of the house and the police arresting the guy. What the f??? I thought these were supposed to be scary!

Shanna said...

I am stoked, and it is going to be warm! It HAS to be! It'll be a blast-o-rama....again:)

Khinna said...

I understand the school ordeal. I always think that school will end for Booker, and than he goes and tries to get another degree. When we move to GA, he's going to be on crazy grave schedules, and I hate that! That's awesome Anthony will be graduating in Spring though. One day I hope to get to graduation, but I'm thinking that will take a decade...