Friday, August 21, 2009

Blackberry Bar



Yesterday I had the urge to bake. I found this fantastic recipe and got a grocery list put together. After dinner me and Anth ran to the store and I gathered all my supplies. As soon as I arrived I turned the oven on and suddenly realized......O Dear...forgot the eggs. I then sulked and yelled for the next 20 minutes. Flash forward to today........Got me some eggs! This recipe is from a website....what that website is...well I can't tell you at this moment because we had to reformat this computer because it basically had given up on life. Anyways.....let me tell you a story.

Right after me and Anthony got married we went on a trip with my family to the Oregon Coast. All of the "Kids" were in this ugly huge rental van and we were all pretty much passed out. We all try our darn hardest to pass out on the road so we can all manage each other when we actually get to our destination. As we were driving I was awoken to Mom and Dad discussing if they should pull over and visit the fruit stand they saw approaching on the side of the road. The ugly van pulled over and the sleeping children all rolled out. What I saw I will never forget. The berries were huge! Blackberries, Marionberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc, etc. They were huge!!! Do you get that? Do I need to say it again! Big, luscious, juicy, finger staining GOOODNESS! We left that stand with less souvenir money then before and I will forever appreciate that state for not only its beauty but for its gorgeous berries.

What does this have to do with the bars I made today? Well, Costco had beautiful Blackberries yesterday and all I could think about is that family trip. I plan on meeting my parents tomorrow after work and sharing these bars with them. The memories they bring will forever leave a smile on my face. They taste pretty darn good too!

***Update***

I found the website, its from joythebaker.com. Heres the recipe

7 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

That Blackberry bar looks pretty tasty! I really love Lemon bars. Hopefully I can keep up my cooking skills now that schools starting up. I've been into crafts lately. This past week I've made 3 crafts.

The DeGiulio's said...

Thanks! Between all the blankets my mom has made and the few I have, plus Jan will make us receiving blankets we will have a ton of blankets for our future kids lol. I decided I just need to stop complaining about school and once I start I will be fine. So Anthony has 1 semester left?

Alicia said...

Those look so good. Glad you finally got you some eggs. Hope you have fun today getting your new phone.

StephanieJanice said...

Have you always been interested in culinary things? You are always sharing pictures, recipes, and stories of the things you have made or are planning on making. They always sound delicious. The blackberry bars look really yummy!

StephanieJanice said...

A little pastry shop would really be fun. It's even better when you can have your husband design it.

I will email you in fb about the quilt.

Shanna said...

Those look good, why didn't I get one? I feel a little sad about that.

Shanna said...

That is too bad, they look amazing!