Sunday, July 19, 2009

Reunion

Friday morning we headed out on the open road for Anthony's Step Moms family reunion. We didn't think we were going to be able to go due to work, but it all came together at the last moment. I want to take this moment to apologize (again) and to give a confession that happened during the reunion. I will apologize in letter form.....

Dear __________(Insert Secret Person),

I want to apologize again for walking in on you without a shirt. Although I feel as if it is 95% your fault, I still feel a small amount of guilt. I woke from my slumbers and had to use the restroom....and stat! I walked through the house and found an open door (please let me emphasize OPEN) and what did I find....YOU, without a shirt. Its okay, I understand, everyone was over getting breakfast, and we are all family. But I felt like you could at least have closed the door. Anyways, I'm sorry I startled you, and I'm sorry that I ran out of the house the way I did.

Here comes the confession. Remember when I was walking FROM breakfast, and you were walking TO breakfast?You were approaching me, we were the only ones around. You got closer, and then you almost started to talk to me. Well remember I grabbed my phone from my pocket and started to talk to my mom? Well, I want to be honest with you. There was no one on the phone. Its all a LIE! I really needed to avoid the awkwardness of discussing the shirt situation. So there it is, out in the open. I'm SORRY! I hope that we can get over this hurdle and that we can forget about it. I really hope that in reunions to come we can act as if it never happened. Thanks so much for your consideration in this matter. Love ya! Love Linds

Putting all of that aside, we had a great time. It is such a great family. During every activity and meal I got a better understanding of who they are and how much love they have for each other. Thanks every one for the fantastic meals and the friendly smiles. We look forward to reunions to come.

9 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Im glad you guys came. Sorry we werent able to finish our game of Phase 10 but Its safe to say that you won.

Jill said...

Sounds like so much fun !! :)

Shelayna said...

ha ha Oh dear! you have the best stories!! :) Oh and Kudos for the fake phone call move!

Katrina said...

All I can say is "Welcome to the family!" If that's the most embarrassment you ever experience around us then you'll have done well. Just brush it off and come ready for even more excitement next time (p.s. I hope it wasn't me you ran into because if it was I must have totally blocked it out. In that case, don't tell me and we'll both be better off!)!!!

Life as Linds said...

Katrina,
Thanks for the welcome! I hope I didn't make it sound as if I was upset or bugged by it. I found it hilarious. She is older, it wasn't you. I only put it on here because it was such a funny moment and because I highly doubt she would read it. Even if she did, I would be okay with it. No biggie. You should add me to your blog so I can keep in touch with your family. My email is lindseylyman@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

The Jensen Family said...

That is called THE ELLIS INITIATION. I actually heard a female walk in on a male while he was in the bathroom on Thursday. They were not close at all in relationship. She couldn't apoligize enough. All of us that heard her, were laughing hysterically. We would have done the same for you if we had heard you. Welcome-you are now a part of the goofy Ellis clan.
Timmerie

Jill said...

Thank the Lord for Bob-a-roni! He is my all time favorite hero. He's a godsend!

Shanna said...

OMG! Best confession to date!

Katrina said...

Don't worry - I was laughing so hard I had to call a few people to spread the gossip! I'll send you an invite to my blog asap. Take care!