Sunday, July 5, 2009

BLUEBERRIES



I love lazy summer Sundays! After sitting around most of the day I decided to get off my butt and do something. I remember I had a million and 1 blueberries in the fridge that I needed to give some lovin to. Therefore I made these 3 yummy recipes.

Lemon Blueberry Bread, Blueberry Orange Bread & Blueberry Jam.

My house smells amazing! And the blueberries are so yummy and such a beautiful color. I got 2 huge packs at Costco. Go get some while they are still in season. Ive been eating them for breakfast with a granola and yogurt...yum yum. Anyways, that was my Sunday. I have no complaints. The kitchen is now clean and the dishes are washing in the dishwasher. I'm now going to sit down with a big slice of some blueberry orange bread and enjoy the rest of the night.

P.S I still have a huge bowl left of blueberries, if you have any delicious recipes, let me know. THANKS!




6 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

YUM! I love blueberries. Your such a good cook. I need some motivation to cook. Sometimes I get in the cooking mood but since its summer and so hot I try not to turn the oven on too much, especially since we havent turned our AC on yet.

Alicia said...

Such yummy food! I love blueberries too. I especially love blueberry pancakes. yum, yum! I think I'm going to have to buy me some now.

Shelayna said...

Why is it that everything you make looks like it should come out of a magazine! Good job!

Khinna said...

You make me want to get my cook on.

StephanieJanice said...

Sounds like a fun productive afternoon!!! How was everything? Is blueberry jam good? I'm not sure that I have ever had blueberry jam.

Your post makes me want to get strawberries and make freezer jam.

StephanieJanice said...

It probably tasted better with real sugar, and not the splenda. I will use splenda or and other artifical sweetners for anything except cooking and baking. Heating it changes the flavor and gives it a horrible aftertaste (at least in my opinion). I would always choose the stuff baked with sugar over the guiltless artifically sweetened stuff.
I have also found that white flour affects me more than sugar does.