Friday, July 10, 2009

Lagoon

Shanna has a really spunky and entertaining step daughter named Ivy. She is here from Florida for 3 weeks. She decided to take her to lagoon. Shanna is a ride wimp, therefore she invited me to go so that Ivy would have someone to ride with. We then decided that it would be a better idea if Jill came too so that if I couldn't handle all the excitement, then Jill would be there to pick up the pieces. We had so much fun! We started off with Lagoon-a-beach. Lots of floating down the lazy river went on...the only story I have from the beach is this small moment......It started at the top of a tube slide.

Let me describe this ride. Firstly, you walk up about a million stairs...no biggie, my big butt needs it. After getting to the top with my huge tube you (and about 10 other peeps) try your darn hardest to get on the tube in the water. There's a lot of legs and wailing going on. Then the tube slide "supervisor" pushes you down the slide. You go around one small little curve and then you slow down to another lil pool around where you wait to be pushed down by another "supervisor">>>>I understand that this may not make any sense. It does in my head though...so instead of trying to explain in more detail I choose to just move on....

Alright, after the first turn there was a witch supervisor that blocked the next curve of the slide. This was our conversation....

***Please keep in mind that I am vulnerable on a tube***

Slide Witch: You have to take your shirt off.
Me: NO
Slide Witch: Why?
ME: Because I CAN'T (I am starting to panic, if I felt comfortable enough with my body, don't you think I would be wearing a small bikini instead of the long board shorts and shirt???)
Slide Witch: Well is it a swim shirt?
Me: YES! (this was a lie)
Slide Witch: No its not!
Me: Well I will absolutely not take my shirt off
Slide Witch: Well you are not allowed to go down then
Me: FINE! (where did she think I was going to go?)
Slide Witch: Fine I will let you down, but you cannot get back on again, you shirt will get snagged on the slide and I will get in trouble.
Me: FINE!
She then pushes me down the slide. And I continued to think...
How would my shirt get snagged on the slide...I'm on a tube. After discussing with Jill and Shanna we decided she is just a power hungry 16 year old. I guess kudos for her for following the rules. I went on other slides before her and nobody else had had a problem with my attire...

Anyways, after that I was a lil bugged and we all were a water logged. We then spent the next 5 hours riding every ride in lagoon (all the ride worthy rides I mean). Here's some pics. Enjoy. Sorry I ranted about the slide witch for so long. She bugged!

O and ps. I have a really wicked sun burn on my nose and forehead...its a sight to see (:

Waiting for the "beach" to open



Waiting in line

Do you see us?...yeah I don't either

ahaha this one is awesome






3 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

I hate rides too. They dont make me feel like I need to throw up I just get a really yucky feeling in my stomach and I get so much anxiety just waiting in lines on the few rides I have been on. Poor Shad tried to get me on tower of terror when we were in Disney World but I couldnt get myself to go. Shad's never been to Lagoon either, maybe he can go with his mom some time since I hate rides. The water park is fun though :) sorry about the incident with your shirt, boo to that girl.

Jill said...

fun day! except....Ivy is from Florida, not Arizona! That explains why she's out here for 3 weeks!

Shanna said...

Wow, I love how you had to call me a wimp in your blog...it's not like I need to see it in print. Slide witch was a beast, but you survived her and the tube ride. Mostly I'm just proud that we survived that day!