Monday, July 13, 2009

On the Menu.....

I go to Chili's periodically. My favorite thing on their menu is the quesidilla explosion salad. Although it is a salad, it doesn't mean it is healthy. It is packed to the brim with calories, around 850. Because my daily allowance is only 1000 calories, I have had to say goodbye to that lovely salad. As of lately I have found a new item to enjoy. The chicken fajita pita has half the calories at a slimming 380. Because I love it so much I decided to recreate it at home, and I actually enjoy my sauce more.

This recipes is a serving size of 2.

2 Flat Pita Bread
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Onion
2 Chicken Breast
1/2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Sauce
1/2 c. Sour Cream
1/4 c. Mild Salsa
1/2 Tbs. Taco Seasoning

Chop peppers and onion into small slices. Heat in skillet. Meanwhile slice up thin pieces of chicken and throw in skillet. Add salt and pepper.

While chicken is cooking stir sour cream, salsa and seasoning together.

Right before chicken is thoroughly cooked, set the oven to broil. rub oil over pita and place in oven for about 5 minutes, or until corners are golden brown.

Place chicken and vegetables on pita and spoon a tbs of sauce over chicken and Enjoy!!!!

***It tastes better than this picture makes it look***

8 comments:

Jill said...

oh looks good! i am starving! and i need to find something to eat!

The DeGiulio's said...

Please come to my house to cook us some good meals! My poor hubby, gets frozen meals and sandwiches. I always tell myself once Im not busy with school & Im just working or staying home with kids I'll be better are making home cooked meals. It should be fun, Im glad you guys decided to go. Bring some fun games for us to play :)

The DeGiulio's said...

That would be so much fun! Have you heard of my girl friends kitchen? Me and some coworkers were going to go and split the cost and the meals. It would be so nice to have meals all ready and just pull them out of the freezer.

We will probably bring rook cards and the bean game.I cant remember what day it is but everyone goes to the canal to swim so bring something you can get wet in.

Khinna said...

You officially rock at cooking! My kitchen is a disaster. Well, my whole house is pretty bad. I have my moments where all I want to do is cook for a week, or read for a whole week, or craft for a whole week, or organize for a whole week. I pretty much just want to be lazy this week. I'm going to jot this one for the books. Well, I'll omit the chicken but I DIG!

Jill said...

Yeah itd be sweet to go to SF again...for free...muahaha, im evil. I got a raft today at Smiths! Same one as Shanna but it has some design on it, not sure which design yet because its all folded and I couldnt tell, so I'm hoping for the BEST of the BEST designs. It was 2.69, I'm sure its not that great of a raft haha.

BYE!

Unknown said...

That looks delicious! But you only eat 1000 calories?! You'll starve!

StephanieJanice said...

The food looks really good. I will have to try and make it. Why are you only eating 1000 calories? I have read that you should not go below 1200, unless you were told to cut back to 1000 by a trained Doctor/Dietician. I hope that is the reason. I don't eat enough, so I am the weird kind that does better losing weight when I increase the healthy food, cut out the bad, and increase the calories by eating more than once a day. I hope your diet is going well for you.

terrah said...

Hi! I just found your blog. I sent an invite to you to see ours as well.

I have to say, this salad is my most favorite thing at Chili's -- I'll have to try making it at home sometime!