Monday, January 4, 2010

In regards to today,

I'm not going to talk about interviews……


 

Besides this little tib bit of course. :) I only bring this up because it is something I said as opposed to the regular cherries that normally spout out random stuff during interviews. Let me just set this up. I am defeated my friends. To the point of collapsing and crying and sucking on my thumb and then falling asleep in utter exhaustion. Did that paint a pretty picture? I did about 18 interviews last week. We hired two perfect employees. They are everything that I hoped for. Thank you new employees, thank you. But two are not enough for me…no, no, we need a total of 4 perfect employees you see. So I went on the search again. I got a whole gaggle (a what?) of people! I did about 8 today….none of which worked out :(. One of the last ones, where I was feeling low, I said something wrong, all wrong. I still am digging deep for the reason why I said this. If I could take it back I would…..

"Thanks for taking the time to come on such search notice for an interview today."

"Oh it was no problem at all, thanks for meeting with me."

"I have a couple more interviews tonight and tomorrow, but I will let everyone know regardless tomorrow night."

I stretch out my hand and give her a firm shake and then this is what came out of my mouth…..

"It was nice knowing ya….."

She looked at me with a sadness in her eyes and said "It was nice meeting you too!"

Please wish me luck for the 10-12 interviews that I do tomorrow, I need all the help I can get!!!

Love, Linds


 

3 comments:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

AAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That poor girl! But more importantly, poor you! I can't stop laughing! Mostly because I've watched those interviews, and sometimes that's just how it goes... I can see it on managers' faces! Good Luck!

Shanna said...

Bahahaha! This is prob the best line every after an interview...there should b no question in their mind at that point.

The DeGiulio's said...

Im glad you find 2 perfect employees, good luck finding the other 2. I had to laugh at your remark to her at the end.