Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Plans for today...

I am exhausted!!! Unfortunately it is only Tuesday. Yesterday I had another marathon interviewing day at work. I posted an ad on craigslist on Friday morning around 9am. I went about my day and then realized around 8 that night that I had not checked my work email to see if I had any responses from it. I opened my email and to my surprise I had 37 emails! I quickly took the ad off the website and just stared at my screen for about 5 minutes. I got everyone emailed back and then got all the times organized. Yesterday I ended up with 13 interviews, 3 of them never showed. Each one basically a half hour apart. Usually there are 2 or 3 that I can tell right off aren't going to work. The select few I am talking about will come in with either a mini skirt or a cocky attitude or mentions something from their previous job that triggers a red flag. When this happens I gladly skim through the 3 pages and only ask half the questions, mostly so I'm not wasting my time. I remember one chick in particular. I asked her what her best qualities were and how those qualities helped her at work. Her respond was "My eyes, they bring men in and they leave them crawling back for more!" I just stared at her, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She then proceeded to tell me that because of her eyes she always had happy guest and that was how it helped her at work. Needless to say, I didn't hire her, but I did take some advice and on my way home that night I picked up a new bottle of mascara.

Yesterday all of my interviewees were excellent, which meant 15-20 min interviews with each person. It was so exhausting! I try to be energetic and I notice that I try to act as if I'm truly powerful. Which usually last for about 3 interviews. Then around 4, 5, 6, 7, I just got whiny lol. They were all so excellent that 6 of them were so hard to decide on that they all will get 2nd interviews.

I don't know why I'm writing any of this. I just love and hate my interview days. Interviews are probably my favorite thing about my position at work. I love meeting new people, and my friends Jenika and Shanna tease me that I love them because I get my fix from them. Its nice to be in control LOL.

ANYWAYS...........

So these are my plans to wind down from yesterday.

1) watch a whole season of Seinfeld---hmmm should it be season 6 or 7? NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!
2)Fold the 3 loads of laundry that has been chilling on the kitchen table for the last week! (yes I too am so ashamed!!!)
3)Finish my shopping, I have one more person to buy for and then I am completely finished.
4)chill in my green office and make some cards (It has been weeks since I have posted any new cards on scrapbook.com)
5) makes dinner????? I dunno, that one might be dropped, if that does happen it will probably something as impressive as spaghetti.....right...cuz we haven't had that in like....a week.

So anyways that's my plans....They look pretty impressive to me. Now if only I could reach the seinfeld dvds from my couch!!!!!

Hope you all are having a relaxing day too!! Love you all!

7 comments:

Shelayna said...

Haha That makes my entire day! Good luck finishing all of your plans today!!

Alicia said...

I'm sad I wasn't there yesturday to see all those people, especially the mini skirt and the girl with the pretty eyes. LOL.

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats fun you get to hire new employees but it sounds hard/tiring. Sounds like you have some fun/relaxing plans for later though.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe thats what she really said at an interview. Hmmm? I know what to do if I don't want a job.

Thanks so much for the card! Don't worry about it not being homemade. Life is busy. I will have to catch up on all my gifts really late this year.

I should have not procrastinated the week before Christmas, because I've been sick, and then some... One week from Wednesday, he'll be in our arms! He better be big, because the way I am feeling this week.

My husband is a huge Seinfield fan! HUGE! I bought him the Scene It Seinfield to play with his father over the break. I only know that show because of all the moments he relates the show too... You don't know how many times I've heard "Festivus For the Rest of Us" this holiday.

Well, I won't be posting much until the baby comes... Family will be starting to show up this Thursday, and I can't wait!

Well, hope your holidays are cheery!

Ryan and Jill said...

I'm glad you commented on my post!!! I too am glad I got to see everyone on Thanksgiving & can't wait for Saturday!!! I'm going private with my blog, so leave me your email address & I'll add you to my "safe" list! We'll see you on Saturday!!! Love ya!

Jenni said...

Lindsey... I didn't know you had a blog until I was reading Jill's comments. Mine is private but I got your email off Jills and I am going to send you and invite. I love that you are now blogging and we can keep updated. See you Saturday at Grammy and Pops.

Jenni

twinsand2boys said...

Thats too funny about the interview girl with the eyes ROFL!!! What type of work do you do? Tell your parents hello from us...that fence turned out to not be such a good thing...never see our neighbors anymore LOL. Cant wait to see your cards :)