Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend events

It has been so long since my last post. I have a good excuse though. The Scrapbooking Convention took up every spare minute I had last week. Well it is finally over!!!!! I am 100% glad of that! Me, Shanna, and Summer worked the booth. Summer was fortunate enough to only have to stay until 5 on Friday. In the two days of the convention, me and Shanna put in 24 hours!!!!!!! It was brutal. We were really chipper the first day. I saw a lot of fun people that I haven't seen in awhile. We looked forward to the activities of the show. The dance off was my favorite. People will do almost anything for something free. I can't really remember anything too eventful on Friday. It was busy, lots of fun people in the 16 hours we were there. The one thing that really defined the day was within the first 5 minutes we arrived.

Me and Shanna were setting up the booth. We had a rod arch on the back of the booth that had our banner on it. I had made some stupid little decorations that I wanted hung from the arch. Me being short and having very stubby legs decided to "let" Shanna take care of hanging them up. She got on a folding chair and starting hanging them up. A man walked by and began telling me about something about the show. All of a sudden I looked back and Shanna totally fell!!! The chair folded up and her leg scrapped. Of course we took some pictures (it was a long day remember).


The picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL! It was swollen and from a side angle it was so bumpy. Poor thing. Today it was a lot calming down but a wicked bruise is homing in. So that was our event on Friday. Oh and the man that I was talking to while this all happened didn't even blink an eye. He gave me the paper, and continued on....RUDE.

Saturday was uneventful. We were constantly whiny and at times very witchy. We finally were relieved and we thought we were home free. Our feet hurt from wearing heels. Our cheeks hurt from the constant fake "seller" smile and we were so sick of hearing YMCA and other hideous songs over the speaker. We held our heads high as we carried our many boxes and bags out the big expo center doors........

As soon as we opened the doors the wind was howling and roaring. If felt as if the scrapbook gods were upset that we left an hour early. The wind was so bad that our skirts were blowing straight up in the air!!!! I had Knee Highs and after that......no protection besides the obvious underwear. It was horrifying! We got to a safe area and put our boxes down and laughed and laughed. Of course near by watching all of this is a poor scout leader with his son trying to sell something. I apologize to the father, his son is now tainted. To make matters worse the father came over and tried helping us to the car. I started yelling...."Shanna you go get the car.....Sir PLEASE don't help!" Finally Shanna got the car, we gracefully held our skirts with one hand and our packages in the other as we loaded up the car. It was so embarrassing. We laughed most the way home. We barely survived the weekend. I will not be offering myself to another show for at least a month or two. Mostly because I get bored and whiny easily and partially because I hate the feeling of rejection. You go on and on about your product just for them to say...."Okay I will be back....Yeah right honey!"

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm going to bed and will most likely won't be up and around in time for breakfast....or even brunch. Enjoy the corny pics.


Me still semi happy

I wuv my boot! They are hot......and also painful!

Okay now we are sad....and grumpy, this is around hour 14. It looks like I'm wearing a horrible suit LOL.

The booth. Notice the arch where the leg incident occurred. The layouts on the left are the ones I stewed over for days. Stupid!

A blurry Shanna and a happy Summer. The beginning of the show when our hopes were high.

Horrible shot of me. Notice the candy jar on the bottom right....that's how we lured the woman in.

Shanna! She wore the cutest outfit. Look at the cute bag on the ground. It was only 9 bucks! I had to have it!

6 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

Sounds like you put A LOT of time and spent A LOT of time at that booth. Where was it at? And it looked like it was for your work? Thats too bad about the scrape on the leg, ouch. Knowing me I'd probably fall off it whether someone was standing by me or not. You look way cute by the way. Love the pink and black together. Thats pretty funny your skirts flew up, where very many people around? Oh what can ya do any ways besides laugh about it.

Alicia said...

I loved the part about the cub scout and his leader. That's was funny. What fun you had while I sat at work listening to people complaining about being too hot or too cold. LOL! and poor Shanna, I hope it didn't bruise too bad.

Stacy and Cam said...

I laughed so hard when I read about your skirt flying up. That is so funny!! It would have been embarrassing but what a funny memory to have after a long hard day of work:)

Shanna said...

Wow! Reading through our weekend I'm exhausted all over again! My favorite moment was around hour 14 or 15 when you were sitting on the cement floor inside our booth.......LOL! We had a lot of ups and downs in those days:)

Shanna said...

How's your tum tum doing??? I'm guessing no more berries eh????

Shanna said...

I love our distraught picture. You look so sad, and I just look ticked off...perfect for the way felt.