Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Nothingness

It has been so long since I have written a post. Mostly just because nothing too exciting has happened. Last weekend I was at the Home & Garden Show. I got the opportunity to be an annoying vendor. You know the type....the saleswoman that stares at you as you get closer and closer to their booth. Then although you act uninterested that particular saleswoman still goes on and on and on about that ketchup bottle shaped backpack that you just CANNOT live without. Well as it turns out, I'm not the best saleswoman. And I'm fine with that. As the hours went on and more and more people passed I just wanted to hug some of them and tell them that I wasn't going to bother them. Some looked at me with pure hatred in their eyes, even before I said hello. Which was weird to me, they came to a show to be educated and to see the different things that were offered. So why won't they let me speak? I'm so glad that I am not a salesperson full time. Its too tough!

I really don't have any fun stories from the three long days at the show beside the horribly dressed woman. The winner of that contest reminded me of the deceased Latin singer Selena. This particular Selena look alike was wearing skin tight pants and a white skin tight leotard. The leotard had holes all down the sleeves. Of course she had the fakest boobs I've ever seen. The second I saw her I knew she was the winner of the show! In second place came the lady that wore spandex pants with the cuffs (aww the memories), big socks over the pants and to wrap it all together she wore green crocs. I love her. If a tornado came through her hair would have been the only survivor. You could smell all the hairspray and you could even see it! She was amazing. I believe she bought a gift certificate from us though, so therefore I will not continue on. So anyways, that was my weekend. Three days of selling and people watching.

Today I have off. I went to Roberts and bought some supplies. We are doing another show. I will be at the Scrapbooking Convention this weekend both days. I am in charge of making some layouts with some of the pictures of our rooms on them, they will be displayed at the show. I went to Roberts with the highest expectations. It was so amazing to me to go in and be completely overwhelmed. I felt a huge amount of pressure. I have a small budget. With that small amount of money I am to make something fantastic. And I just couldn't handle it. I bought a couple pieces of paper, some glue dots and one or two other things. And I was out of there. I'm hoping I can get some pages done before the show. Let me know if any of you are going to the show. I would love to say hello to you, and I promise, I will not turn my sales skills on you.

I really have no idea why I posted any of this. Its all very random but I just felt the need to post. When I get a page or two done I will take some pics and post them. Then you all can highly criticize how horrid they are. I crash under pressure......every time! Hope everyone is having a great week! Love ya all tons!

P.S Sorry if the Selena look alike is your relative....or the croc lady is your mom.

8 comments:

Shanna said...

I seriously loved this post! If only we had been able to get pictures of the show winners for "best look". That would have added a lot I feel. Anyhoo, I'm sure your pages will turn out beautifully!

Shanna said...

Yeah, that would not have been the best idea. You could have taken a picture of...well nevermind, there wasn't anything picture worthy:)

Alicia said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun at the show... I was just stuck at work, lol.

Raymond and Nicole said...

We live in Ogden. We just bought a house and have been re-modeling it for the last five months! We have been crazy busy with it but it has been way fun! By the way I absolutely love the pictures of your craft room!!! It is pure beauty!

Jenni said...

I am glad you left a comment, I was just thinking the other day that I needed to add you blog and didn't know the address. You are a great writer, I get on and write as little as possible and am done with it, you are hilarious!

Raymond and Nicole said...

So are you announcing your pregnant? Just kidding, I hate that question! I will have to recruit you to come paint and decorate my craft room! I just need to build the walls first!

Shanna said...

LOL, it's not worth it to me. This is the WORST ever! I will be paying for this for daaaaays! When you get it in the future tho...just please do it when I'm NOT around! I know I couldn't handle not eating it if it was in my face. Thank you in advance.

twinsand2boys said...

so you sell coupons for a room? Are they discounted? Ive never been there...sad, I know. My sister and her husband love that place. I just cant afford to go :(